StARS-MS is an attendance and rostering system designed to specifically address the needs of the UK Fire and Rescue Services.
StARS-MS is used to mobilise, manage and monitor resources. It offers fire and rescue services significant potential to save money, improve workforce planning, and ensure that the service is more operationally and financially resilient. It is part of a platform of integrated systems that support the back office operations of a fire service including incident management, station diary management, training and personnel development.
StARS OPERATIONAL BENEFITS
The major benefits of StARS-MS include:
- Supports the front line whilst delivering back office savings
- Saves time by removing manual processes and reducing duplication
- Integrates with control room systems and HR functions
- Quicker and more effective deployment of resources
- User friendly for staff of all levels
- Monitors and tracks resources
- Easily adapted to suit changing circumstances and needs
StARS-MS is the core component of a suite of integrated systems that include:Rotabook, Roll Call Board, Standby, Sickness Management, Maintenance, Reports, Retained Functionality
NEWS AND EVENTS
StARS – MS goes live at MFRA.
This forms part of the Merseyside Fire and Rescue Authority (MFRA) Time and Resource Management (TRM) projectMike Davies, FM&IHR Project Manager at MFRA commented: “The delivery of the solution presented some real challenges but MSC were at all times both supportive and accommodating in helping to build a product suitable for MFRA’s specific requirements."